McDonald’s worker dies after being shot in the neck by customer

McDonald’s worker dies after being shot in the neck by customer

A worker who was shot and killed at a McDonald’s restaurant in Brooklyn during a dispute over cold fries has died.

Twenty-three-year-old Matthew Webb was shot in the neck by an angry customer outside the Bedford-Stuyvesant restaurant where he was an employee. Authorities confirmed on Friday that Mr Webb has been taken off the ventilator, The New York Post reported.

Webb, a resident of Queens, was allegedly shot by Michael Morgan, 20, on Monday after Mr Morgan’s mother was served cold chips, police said.

Footage obtained by police shows Mr Morgan carrying out a physical assault on Mr Webb before shooting him. Morgan fled the scene and tried to get rid of his clothes, prosecutors said.

Webb was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he was pronounced brain dead shortly after.

The dispute began on August 1 when Morgan’s mother, Lisa Fulmore, complained to store employees that her fries were cold. The staff reportedly started laughing at Ms Fulmore, who was on a video call with Mr Morgan After reported.

The suspect then went to the restaurant and got into an argument with Mr. Webb, which ended with a shot in the neck of the fast food worker on the sidewalk.

Morgan fled, but was later taken into custody. Ms Fulmore is said to have told police her son had told her “he has to do what he has to do,” according to the… After.

He confessed to the murder of Mr. Webb and an unrelated murder just a few blocks from McDonald’s, prosecutors said.

Morgan was arraigned Thursday and charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a loaded firearm. He is being held without bail. The rates are expected to be increased.

His girlfriend, Camellia Dunlap, who allegedly handed Mr Morgan the gun, has been charged with possession of a gun. She is being held on $50,000 bail.

Mr. Morgan will also be charged with the murder of Kevin Holloman, 28, in 2020. Mr. Holloman was murdered outside an apartment building on Herkimer St. near Rochester Avenue.

Gardenia Holloman, Mr. Holloman’s sister, told… The daily news she was glad Mr Morgan was finally off the street.

“I’m relieved, but it will never bring my brother back,” said Mrs. Holloman. “So it’s bittersweet.”